Thursday, November 12, 2009

The Cabbage Creation




Today I felt more alive than I have in a long time. It’s been two week that I have been eating about 75% percent raw foods and 25% cook still vegan though. Well let me stop ranting and raving and get on with what I started this page for. Today I went to store and had no idea what I was going to cook for my family. I didn’t get a recipe out of a popular chefs book like I said I would, so I was lost. Then by some stroke of supreme intervention I wanted some cabbage. Then I saw some sweet potatoes and I wanted that too and   then Asparagus showed up and I had to have that also.

 

 

  So here is the menu for today’s meal

 

Stuffed Cabbage with mushrooms, onions and Seitan

Sautéed Asparagus

Sweet Potatoes Soufflé with chopped walnuts

 

I’m so sorry ya’ll that I didn’t  write down the recipe. Maybe one day I will do a cookbook but for right now I will be going through my favorite chefs book and Making their dishes into a vegan wonderland.Oh and I stopped eating on big plates. I had take control of my portion sizes.

 

 

5 comments:

  1. Hummmmm !!! love mushrooms & onions

    ReplyDelete
  2. I did last nigth Chicken Legs with beer , Bacon, Onions & Mushrooms
    the problem is the Chicken drink all my beer lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thats funny. I hope the food was as good as that joke lol. Keep on cooking man!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I want that stuffed cabbage recipe, please! They look fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just reread this post and saw what you said about going through your favorite chefs cookbooks and "veganizing" the recipes. That's what I do all the time. My favorite cookbook is the Betty Crocker cookbook my mom got as a wedding present in the 60s. It has all the old-school good stuff, like dumplings, biscuits, pancakes, soups and stews. I switch out all the non-vegan ingredients for vegan ones, and they make the best dishes ever.

    ReplyDelete