Thursday, November 19, 2009

Inspired by Clay



Have you ever had a craving for pasta? Well today was that day for me. About two months ago I was with my boy Clay in Santa Monica Ca, and he invited me to dinner at his favorite restaurant. It was a small family own spot off in the cut, but very nice and cozy. Well Clay was raving about this doggone Vodka sauce all day so I had to try it. I must say it did not disappoint me. Today I want to make that sauce for dinner. I went online and found a great Vodka sauce recipe and I was off to Publix. I bought all the ingredients for the sauce and some fresh herbs. I also found some new Garden brand stuff Vegan chicken. I thought the sauce and the vegan chicken would go great together and I was so right. I added some whole-wheat pasta and the meal was complete.

Menu

Whole Pasta with Vodka sauce

Garden Stuffed Vegan Chicken

I loved this dish and I am so proud of how it turned out. Until next time Yall Keep on cooking Gods goodness

5 comments:

  1. Sounds delish!

    It's a great feeling of accomplishment to prepare a healthy meal that tastes so good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks really, really good. Must learn to cook someday.

    ReplyDelete
  3. "doggone vodka sauce" -- cracks me up!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That looks really good! I might have to try something like that.

    You mentioned on another post your daughter doesn't like it if the meals have too many veggies- there are a TON of great cookbooks out there for vegan kids! Getting kids to help with the cooking process often helps them get interested in eating the end results too. :)

    Here's a few great books to get you started- http://www.amazon.com/Vegan-Lunch-Box-Animal-Free-Grown-Ups/dp/1600940722/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1259014663&sr=1-1 (The Vegan Lunch Box books are really very cute!)

    http://www.amazon.com/Vegan-Family-Favorites-Satisfying-Recipes/dp/0972510214/ref=sr_1_9?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1259014663&sr=1-9

    This one's not out yet (looks like it's coming in Februar of 2010), but it sounds like it would be right up your alley: http://www.amazon.com/Complete-Idiots-Guide-Vegan-Eating/dp/1592579787/ref=sr_1_18?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1259014699&sr=1-18

    Good luck! Keep offering her healthy choices- I've heard that a kid has to see and sometimes try things over and over again before they accept it as familiar and begin to like it, and that seems to prove true with my son- he's 7, and he's eating broccoli and spinach these days, which is a miracle. :) Love your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you so much for the Tip Stephanie. Each one teach one. I go and check out those cookbooks

    ReplyDelete