Tuesday, November 17, 2009

The Leftover Creation

Well today was a day that I’m sure most of you have had. Today I had to make something different with leftovers. I have seen my mom make miracles happen with leftovers. So tonight I tried to do just that!!! Last night I made the roasted vegetable and I said to myself” What could be better than a Vegan Pot roast”.  I’ve had this dish before at whole foods and I must say that it’s not always the best. So went in my lab (kitchen) and began to make my leftover masterpiece. I started by making a Vegan version of brown gravy with onion, whole-wheat flour, Vegan Butter and Almond milk. This may seem a bit unorthodox but it tasted really. I took out the leftover roasted veggies and warm them. I also browned some Seitan in a skillet. I put the Gravy, roasted Veggies and Seitan in a serving dish put it in the oven for 20 minutes and It was awesome.

 

 

Menu.

 

Vegan Pot Roast

 

Last night I saw the Vegan Chef from the Oprah show on youtube and he made a seitan chicken scaloppini. I will try to make the dish tomorrow.

Until then yall”Keep on cooking God’s goodness”.

4 comments:

  1. so glad that you are blogging! I know that you have always loved food & cooking but are you going to be back out on the road anytime soon? We went to your webpage and there is no profile of you now...like you are married and your said your "daughter"? What in the world are you up to?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just got off tour this past weekend with David Foster. It was great I hate you didn't get to see it. I will be on tour again Summer 2010. Thanks for joining my blog page.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that you call your kitchen your "lab" and are having fun trying new dishes! I am a veggie and getting my meat-eating family to eat healthfully is a challenge for sure -- I'll try some of your ideas! I like to make my kitchen a lab with herbs -- I go into my garden and pick a few stems of whatever herbs look good, then just toss them into whatever I'm making and see what happens. It's usually pretty tasty! I look forward to reading more of your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank You. I also just got into using the fresh herb and it make a huge difference in flavor. I love whole foods for that because they have such a great selection.

    ReplyDelete